World geography general knowledge questions and answers.
1. One parsec equals …………… light years:
2. The distance between the Sun and the Earth is longest on:
Answer: July 4
3. The member of the solar system formed first:
4. Which is the third nearest star to Sun:
Answer: Alpha Centaury
5. The largest star as seen from the earth:
6. The only planet whose name does not derive from Greek or Roman mythology?
7. Which is not a Jovian Planet?
8. Vernal equinox on northern hemisphere:
Answer: March 21
9. Earth reaches perihelion on:
Answer: January 3
10. While completing one rotation the earth passes through …………….degrees of longitude:
11. If the difference in longitude between two places in one degree, what will be the difference between their local times?
Answer: Four minutes
12. The maximum extent of difference between the local time of any place in India and the Indian Standard Time:
Answer: One hour
13. The hottest zone:
Answer: Tropical zone
14. The climate region between Arctic circle and Tropic of Cancer:
Answer: North temperate zone
15. Which country has the most contiguous time zones?
16. The longitude of International Date Line:
17. One day equals ……………. Seconds:
18. The time difference between the both sides of the International Date Line is …………… hours: